Tuesday, June 12, 2012

On the Scary Side of Writing

I've been in a writing slump for way longer than I want to admit lately. I'm slowly, very slowly, dragging myself out of that rut. Basically, I've been frozen by fear of letting my story and characters down.

Ever get the feeling that your imagination dwarfs your skill, and you can't do justice to your ideas? I've got it, and I've got it BAD.

Maybe trying to narrate the story from four main POVs is affecting my overall morale?

Yeah, that's gotta be it. I couldn't go easy on myself and come up with a single-POV story, now could I? *facepalm* Stupid muse. I shouldn't be killing my brain with four POVs this early on.

Here's to everyone who, like me, has a hard time keeping up with a crazy mind. Don't give up--just go read a great book to work up some new motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?